Conical Mandrel Tester
The varying mandrel diameter (3.2 mm – 38.1 mm) stretches a coating
through a gradient of distension, allowing precise determination of adhesion characteristics.
● Panels up to 20 cm and 1.6 mm thickness can be tested
● Durable sturdy stainless steel mandrel
– Cover test panel with paper between mandrel and draw bar and clamp the probe.
– Fold the panel around the cone by using the manually operated arm.
– Bend uniformly at 180 degrees within 15 seconds.
– Remove panel and examine the coating for cracks.
– Mark the point at which the cracking stops.
– Measure the distance from the farthest end of the crack to the small end of the mandrel.
– Appropriate calibration curves also permit determination of the elongation values of the paint film.
ASTM D 522 Standard Test Methods for Mandrel Bend Test of Attached Organic Coatings
ISO 6860 Paints and varnishes – Bend test (conical mandrel)
Ordering & Technical Specifications
|Cat.No.||Dimensions||Net Weight||Shipping weight|
|JR-269||340×120×300 mm||7.5 kg||10 kg|
Comes complete with
Stainless Steel Conical Mandrel Tester