In order to perform satisfactorily, coatings must adhere to the substrates on which they are applied. There are three different adhesion test procedures to assess the resistance of paints to separate from the substrate. The cross cut test, also described as cross-hatch, uses a blade to cut through the coating to the substrate. At least two cuts are made that intersect at 90 degrees to get a right angle lattice pattern. The cross-cut area is observed for any adhesion failure. The second method to test the coating adhesion is using a stylus or loop that an increasing amount of weight is applied until the coating is removed from the substrate. The third method called pull-off adhesion, measures the amount of tensile stress to pull the coating off the substrate. A dolly is glued to the coating surface, after the glue is cured, a testing apparatus is attached to the loading fixture and aligned to apply tension perpendicular to the test surface. The force applied is gradually increased and monitored until either a plug of coating material is detached, or a specified value is reached.
JR 500 Digital Pull-off Adhesion Tester is a portable, hand-operated instrument which is used to measure the force required to pull a specified test diameter of coating away from its substrate using hydraulic pressure. The pressure is displayed on a digital LCD and represents the coating’s strength of adhesion to the substrate.
It evaluates the adhesion (pull-off strength) of a coating by determining the greatest tensile pull-off force that it can bear before detaching. Breaking points, demonstrated by fractured surfaces, occur along the weakest plane within the system consisting of dolly, adhesive, coating layers and substrate.
JR 500 Digital Pull-off adhesion Tester conforms to ASTM D 4541, ASTM D 7234, EN 13144, ISO 4624, ISO 16276 etc.
– Portable design, can be used anywhere.
– Built-in rechargeable lithium battery, no need any external power source.
– Selectable directly four different sizes dolly for different resolution and testing range
– Get the testing results from LCD directly.
– Includes all tools needed for testing
– Each PsiaTester’s pressure system is calibrated to within 1% accuracy by NIST traceable load cells
– High-precise professional sensor ensures 0.01MPa resolution
– Self-aligning dollies ensure to get a reliable testing results for smooth or uneven surfaces.
– Come with calibration certificate
– Store all test results (includes Max. pull-off power,pull-off rate, dolly size and time)
– Two units (MPa and psi)for selection and can be converted automatically.
– USB interface as standard, no need any software, PsiaTester is also a U disk, when connecting the computer, operator can read all data directly which is recorded during testing.
– Showing pull-off rate allows users monitor and adjust pull speed according to different test requirements.
– Dustproof and shockproof design meets any harshest operating environment
– Strong plastic carrying case
– One year warranty.
– Dolly Size: 20mm(Standard);10mm,14mm,50mm(Optional)
– Resolution: 0.01MPa(1psi)
– Accuracy: ±1% Full scale
– Max. Pull-off Pressure:Φ 10mm dolly →0-80MPa;Φ14mm dolly→0-40MPa;
Φ20mm dolly→0-20MPa; Φ50mm dolly→0-3.5MPa;
– Power:Built-in rechargeable lithium battery, and standard configuration charging adapter.
– Adhesion Tester Size:360mm×75mm×115mm(L x W x H)
– Adhesion Tester Weight:3KG
– Packing List:
1. Adhesion Tester with digital display
2. 20mm Aluminum test dollies(20 pcs)
3. Cutting toll for 20mm dollies,
4. 3M Adhesive and glue gun
5. Micro-USB cable
6. Operation Manual
7. Carrying case
– Ordering Information:
JR 500—-Digital Pull-off Adhesion Tester
JR 500/S— Automatical Digital Pull-off Adhesion Tester
JR 1520—-10mm Dolly(10 pcs/package)
JR 1521—-14mm Dolly(10 pcs/package)
JR 1522—-20mm Dolly(10 pcs/package)
JR 1523—-50mm Dolly(10 pcs/package)
JR 1524—-50mm Dolly Base
JR 1525—Cutting Tool for 50mm dolly
JR 1526—-Cutting Tool for 20mm dolly
JR 1527—-3M Adhesive