|Cylindrical Mandrel Tester
Bending coated sheet metal over a defined radius
is an indicator of the elongation and adhesion of a paint film at bending stress.
Pushen offers two types of mandrel bending testers,cylindrical mandrel and conical mandrel.
This is used for simple and quick testing of the flexibility of a coating by bending a coated panel
over a rod of known diameter and then examining the coating for caracking,flaking,or other damage.
● Made of anodized aluminum
● 12 mandrels of stainless steel
● Panels up to 50mm width can be tested
● Rod dia sizes：2，3，4，5，6，8，10，12，16，20，25，36mm
– Apply the paint film on sheet metal strips
– Coat and dry film carefully to ensure reproducible results
– For testing,uniformly bend the coated samples over the mandrels within 1-2 sec at 180 degrees
– Start with the largest radius,continued until reaching the radius at which the film shows cracks
ISO 1519 – 2011 Paints and varnishes–Bend test (cylindrical mandrel)
Ordering & Technical Specifications
Comes complete with
Cylindrical Mandrel Bending Tester
Set of 12 SS rods from 2mm to 32mm
Frame and Handle